Friday, March 21, 2014

Boy Meets World


It has been a while since my last blog entry.  This one is inspired by a particular episode of “Boy Meets World.”  The episode is the one where Cory ends up kissing another girl which leads to his breakup with Topanga.  This episode resonates with me because I am single and have some breakups in the past.  However, I have never cheated.  But it does make me wonder about some of my lesser traits and how I can improve upon them if God calls me to date again.  Sometimes, I wonder if I am even going to date again.  

Discerning God’s will requires a relationship with him and to hear him.  Right now I don’t hear God.  I think that it is difficult for me right now because it seems right to me to focus on what I have to do for the Army and my guys.  I’ve sacrificed some of my regular practices.  It seems easier to do without the Mass and the sacraments.  Such a lesson for Catholics.  Choosing to not frequent the sacraments is very detrimental to a healthy faith life.  

It is my hope that when I get home that I can make a few retreats in a short period of time.  Retreats are a great tool for God to find us again.  I need to be found.  I want to be found.  I definitely want to hear God talk to me again. 

Eventually, in the “Boy Meets World” universe, Cory continues to make mistakes but Topanga find each other again.  God will find me.  I just hope that I have a heart to hear what he has to say.  

No comments:

Post a Comment