Friday, July 8, 2011

The First Reflection

"My heart is ready, O God, my heart is ready"--Psalm 57

As we continue on the path that leads to everlasting life and a greater communion with each other through our Lord Jesus Christ, I offer a short reflection this morning. As I awoke and was preparing to head out to work, I was thinking about the Holy Mass. The Mass is what I imagine most priests prepare for first thing in the morning. I guess you can say it is them getting ready for work. When the priest is in the sacristy and he is putting on the vestmests for Mass, he is 'vesting'. When we prepare for work and we are putting on our clothes, we too, are in a sense 'vesting'. We are putting on the outward sign of what we do, whether it be jeans and a T-shirt or a three piece suit. As the priest is 'vesting' before Mass, the Church has some prayers the priest may say as he vests. My reflection this morning is that we can start our day with a short prayer to God to open our hearts and our minds to his will for us on this day. So that as we continue to draw closer to Christ, we may learn to use every moment of the day in some way as a prayer.

brandon

"All powerful Father, Christ my saving brother, sanctifying Spirit; come into my heart and kindle within my soul a desire to serve you this day. As you call my name, help me to hear your command and to feel your love so that I may be able to go into the world and be your hands and feet. Look not on my selfish and sinful ways but show me the heart your formed in my chest. Grant me peace and bring me to holiness. This we ask through the same Christ our Lord. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment